Church and chapels
Notre-Dame de l'Assomption, the small 12th century church was modified and enlarged in 1648. It houses a holy water font and a baptismal font as well as the adjoining chapel of St. John the Baptist.
Both classified as "Historic Monuments", we retain the magnificent beam of glory (one of the most beautiful in Savoy), the chubby angels and the altarpieces of Saint Joseph and Saint Anthony.
While walking in the village, you can admire the chapels of Saint-Roch and Notre-Dame de la Salette, the Passion cross and other crosses that surround it.
At the exit of Aussois in the direction of the dams, the oratory of Notre-Dame de la Paix reminds us of the protection of the Virgin Mary.
The oratory was built by subscription of the inhabitants in thanks for the non-destruction of the village during the second world war and the mass is celebrated there the 3rd Sunday of July.
In the mountain pastures, on the way to Fond d'Aussois, stop in front of the chapel of Notre-Dame des Anges where mass was celebrated during the summer months.
On the 1st Sunday of August, mass is celebrated at the top of the Col d'Aussois at 2916m. It is the occasion of beautiful meetings in the middle of nature.