The Nordic domain of Aussois
Nordic ski area of Aussois-Val Cenis Sardières1500 m - 1600 m
It owes its name to a 93 m-high geological curiosity made of cargneule, a sedimentary rock, located in the forest near the pistes, which resembles a needle or a huge menhir.
Once you've got your skis on, the plateau around the Chalet Nordique is the perfect place for children and beginners to discover their first gliding sensations in classic style, or to learn straight away how to skate.
For more experienced skiers, this area is a good warm-up before setting off to conquer the numerous ascents and descents in the area.
Want to discover biathlon? Ask for information at the Nordic Chalet or contact our biathlon instructors who offer laser biathlon lessons by appointment.
Want to improve your classical/alternative skiing or skating skills?
Contact our instructors, they will be able to give you the tips you need to get the most out of your skiing: you'll have miles of fun!
*Opening and closing times vary according to snow conditions.
- Departure from the Cross (accessible by car, shuttle or in 15 minutes on foot) from the village towards Sardières.
- Val Cenis Sardières and Aussois benefit from a privileged sunshine thanks to their southern exposure.
- A Nordic chalet located in Val Cenis Sardières welcomes you 7 days a week during the season to give you all the information you need for your cross-country skiing.
- A food and beverage point "Le Mag d'Oé" to enjoy a good home-made hot chocolate on the sunny terrace.
- At your disposal a picnic room, very appreciated for picnics and bad weather, and toilets. This location is often the meeting place proposed by the cross-country skiing and biathlon instructors.
- 2 green runs - 3 blue runs - 3 red runs - 1 black run
- 39 km of skating and alternative trails
- Sale of ski passes at the Maison d'Aussois in Aussois and at the Foyer nordique in Sardières
To buy your ski pass for the Aussois-Val Cenis Sardières Nordic ski area, go directly to :
-At the foyer Nordique d'Aussois-Val Cenis Sardières (4167 Rte de Sardières, 73500 Val-Cenis)
-At the Aussois ski lifts (43 Rte des Barrages, 73500 Aussois)